[parisc-linux] Glibc 2.2.4-2 No Optimizations = No Compliation

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@megatonmonkey.net
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:59:13 -0400

> I dunno... I oftn find optimised easier to read.

Really?
How about unrolled loops? ;)

In this case with GCC 3.0 being so fresh, there might
be some issues with -O2... so I'd like to see what
happend at -O0.  I've patched, and I'm currently
recompiling with -O0... so we'll see.

> I don't know.  But I guess glibc needs to inline something, and this doesn't
> happen below -O1.

True. But that really shouldn't make much difference since
AFAIK inlining doesn't happen until -O2, but config.h just says...
"You must have atleast -O1"

Those inlines, if they aren't there, would cause the build to fail...
and I still haven't seen any indication of this.

We shall see. If -O0 still segfaults, I'll trace that asm and
see what I can see... damn this all sounds so much like voodoo
magic.

c.