[parisc-linux] EISA support

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:24:41 +0100

Anyone want to review a patch that makes EISA work?  I've only
tested it on a 715/75 with a Mongoose chip; but Wax is
supposed to be programmatically identical.  The patch is
18k, so rather than post it to the list, it's available from
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/src/eisa.diff

>From my boot log:

hp100: eth0: Shasta Chip detected. (This is a pre 802.12 chip)
hp100_probe: eth0: card at port 0x1c38 isn't known (id = 0x9019f022)

I seem to have chosen a not-quite-supported EISA card to test with.
The ID is plausible, so I don't think it's a byteswapping issue or
anything.

Here's a miniature Changelog:

 * I wrote a new eisa.c to replace the old wax_eisa.c.
 * To support it, I redid some of the config.in bits, which turned out
   to be a little more substantial once I read the docs.
 * I decided that to support old drivers, EISA port numbers should be
   between 0-0xffff, so I reserved bus number 0 for EISA.  This involved
   messing with inb/outb in pci.c.
 * While I was at it, I merged in support for PCI-less compiles (adding
   potential EISA-only configurations as an option).
 * Then I noticed the `next' pointer in struct pci_hba_data was now
   redundant, so I removed that, requiring minor changes to lba_pci.c
 * It might make sense for someone to compile a kernel with Dino, but without
   Lasi, so I made that work (not tested).
 * Then I tried to compile hp100.c, and needed to add the isa_* functions.
   Bah.