[parisc-linux] Newbie on PA: Trying to compile kernel

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Markus_D=F6hr?= doehrm@aubi.de
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:51:47 +0200

Thanx for you quick answer!

> First of all, a reminder about the CVS. You have all the
> infos about it
> at
>  http://www.parisc-linux.org/tools/index.html#anoncvs

I have :-)

> After, for the cross-compiling, you need to download the xc here
> ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/LinuxX86/xc-l
atest.tgz

No, I'd like to do a native linux-kernel-on-linux compile.

I'm compiling kernels since 1.9.X (don't remember exactly) on INTEL and
Sparc, but never did on parisc. So I did the following:

hppaubi:/usr/src# export CVSROOT=`cat linux/CVS/Root `

hppaubi:/usr/src# echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anonymous@puffin.external.hp.com:/home/cvs/parisc

hppaubi:/usr/src# cvs -z5 co linux palo

The documents tell me to use either NFS or a RAMDISK in palo/Makefile and
_here's_ the problem (or the documents are outdated). I'll try the manual
approach and see what'll happen.

PS-OT: I wonder if SAP will port their application server to parisc/Linux...

--
Markus Doehr            AUBI Baubschlaege GmbH
IT Admin/SAP R/3 Basis  Zum Grafenwald