[parisc-linux] sti broken in pa32 on B180

Thomas Marteau marteaut@esiee.fr
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 12:53:32 +0200

Hi Joel,

First of all, the STI console and fb is dead on my B132. And now, let's
go to the kbd.

	If you tried the disconnect/reconnect trial of strength on your PC,
you should see with showkey --scancode a scancode 0xAA that tells the
controller that a kbd has been reconnected.
On my B132, I don't see that all the time :( and when this occurs, it is
when the kbd do an timeout/parity error.
And this is a big trouble b/c it seems that we should look at the state
of the controller all the time and it is not a solution.
It seems to be integrated in the chip on PCs and on HP boxes, it is not
designed for that case, it seems.

I have two things to say but I need an Hardware HP guy to answer those:
	-1) Page 69 of LASI_ers.ps, note 2 is mentionned but I can see only the
note 1. Why?
	-2) On my B132, in boot_admin, when you press Escape Key too much (more
than 2 times), you can't type anything!
you need to press enter and then you can type. This is reproductible! Is
it a normal behaviour?

> Nervertheless on this b180 the (ps/2) kbd problem is reproductible:
> disconnect, reconnect the kdb then touch any key then:
> "keyboard: unrecognised scancode (7f) - Ignored"
> and I do not find a way to reinit the this kdb.
> (System still running, just loss the access to the console)
>
> Thanks in advance for addtional help,
>         Joel

Thanks for any answer or advice, Thomas.
ESIEE Team