[parisc-linux] Re: C110 question

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:27:02 +0200

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 11:33:05AM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > The drives are hanging off of a FWSCSI controller. I'm right in thinking
> > that the support for that is still not there, right?
>
> In general the SCSI driver for Zalon works. The problem is with
> IO MMU support for devices below anything other than the first IO MMU.

I don't know how close a C110 is compared to a C100, but we had massive
filesystem corruptions on a C100 (and a C160) during the weekend in Oldenburg.
It looked like the problems I had with my C200, which seem to be fixed
(I've compiled XFree and mozialla on that machine). I'll recheck on
my C100, when I get home again.

> XF86 is mostly working for B180 and 712's from reports on p-l mailing list.
> If you have Vis-EG (normal built-in) graphics, it might work for
> C110 as well since it's not using IO MMU (afaik).

it should work. To use stifb you need to remove the check for Artist
only (search for HACK:).

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]