[parisc-linux] HP-UX binary compatibility

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:07:59 -0500

Cool. Looks to be working.

Looks like the most noticeable missing syscalls are the sig* ones as you've
mentioned below. (Would be nice to get a syscall wrapper lookup table so it
at least would spit out the name of the unwrapped syscall.)

Is there any reasonable way to trace the hpux binaries? strace doesn't see
anything past the exec. Looks like I'm able to run lmutil/lmgrd, but they
get a hostid of 0.

It's the uname call that's returning the zero:

inst2:/products/hpux# chroot /products/hpux /uname -a
Linux inst2 2.4.9-pa #3 Thu O parisc inst2 #3 Thu O
inst2:/products/hpux# chroot /products/hpux /uname -i
inst2

troot-halley(11)> uname -a
HP-UX halley B.10.20 A 9000/735 2002000004 two-user license
troot-halley(12)> uname -i
2002000004

It's that 2002000004 that I need. That appears to be the idnumber field of
the uname results. Should be simple enough to adjust the system call code as
needed, especially since I'll just need to return a known value in my case.
(Presuming that's the mechanism the the lmgrd fetches is with. If it uses
the lanscan approach, that'll be harder.)

-- Nathan