[parisc-linux] woody install on 720/50

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:04:27 +0200

--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI

Hello,

On Tue, 02 Oct 2001, Jurij Smakov wrote:

> Would You consider first installing with some kernel, that works for sure
> and then trying the one with the proposed patch? Otherwise, there are
> too many unknowns in the equation :-). I know, the patched kernel compiles,
> but since I don't have access to a 720 machine, I could not test it.

The main reason I ever came to this list is because the default kernels
can't run the installer! :-) I suspect my problems were caused by a
corrupt rescue.bin, so I will try again soon with a fresh (md5sum
verified copy).

If that doesn't work, I'll boot up a fresh nfsroot again and play around
with that.

Cheerio,

Albert

--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI