[parisc-linux] Status of hp-ux binary compatibility?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:31:07 -0500

In particular - flexlm.

We have a ton of licensed products served off an old 715, and relicensing
them to move the license server will be a nightmare. What I'd like to do is
run the lmgrd+vendor-daemon on a parisc-linux box and modload a syscall
replacement that lies about the hostid to this process.

But for testing, I've just tried very simple programs - cal, yes, echo, and
a staticly linked hello world. All of them segfault right after execution.

As far as I know, the only system calls out of the ordinary the flexlm stuff
should use are file locking and perhaps some of the ioctl stuff for getting
interface address, but I figured on tracing to find out exactly what it's
doing.

-- Nathan