[parisc-linux] Cumulative patch for 720

Jurij Smakov jurij@lokmail.net
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:31:52 -0400

> I've fiddled with your patch some more and I'm still having problems
> applying it to 2.4.9-pa27:
>
> patching file linux/arch/parisc/kernel/traps.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 46 with fuzz 2.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 277.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 331.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 375.
> Hunk #5 FAILED at 445.
> 4 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file linux/arch/parisc/kernel/traps.c.rej
>
> Could you perhaps put it on HTTP somewhere?
>
> Regards,
>
> Albert

Hi Albert and others!

I've just tested and it applies cleanly to the latest CVS source
(dated September 30th). Anyway, I found out, that I forgot to
change mm/fault.c in the original patch, so maybe it's good,
that You didn't apply it :-). The new version is at

http://www.theophys.kth.se/~jurijus/patches/720.patch

If someone applied the old version and could not get the kernel to
compile (it complains about parisc_acctyp) just change

static unsigned long
parisc_acctyp(unsigned long code, unsigned int inst)

unsigned long
parisc_acctyp(unsigned long code, unsigned int inst)

in

arch/parisc/mm/fault.c

New version takes care of this automatically.

Best regards,

Jurij

Get Free Private Encrypted Email https://mail.lokmail.net
        Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch