[parisc-linux] J2240 - It Runs!

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:57:19 -0700

"Craig D. Lansing" wrote:
> Maybe I'll go to the latest kernel to see what that does to / for me.

I think you'll be alot better off.

>  So far, I've only been able
> to connect to the serial port via a Reflection session to login to the =
> system after getting through the boot path & IPL on the attached =
> graphics terminal.

You probably have the palo param "console=ttyS0" and that's why
it's switching to serial console. Palo documentation suggests
using "console=tty" for auto-detecting the console.

>   Does anyone know how to use the graphics terminal =
> exclusively?  I assume that I need to change some of the IPL parms, e.g. =
> sti=3D or console=3D, but I do not know what values to use.  Any help =
> would be appreciated.

With 0.9.2, if the graphics head were recognized and has a working
STI ROM, I would expect the console to remain on the graphics head.

Caveat: this is from one of the few people who *only* uses serial
consoles on hppa-linux.

grant