[parisc-linux] 715/50 does not find image on cd

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:56:24 -0700

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> If I do a "search" in boot admin, it does not list me any "bootable media".
> Looks to me, like it is seeing the CDROM, but unable to find the IPL on it?

Search the parisc-linux mail archive for "spinup" or "target initiated
negotiation". It might be possible to make this drive work with
the older boxes but it's probably easier to just try a different one.

> I thought the Firmaware may be the problem, but I dont know where i see the
> firmware revision and how to update it..

See #7 on the FAQ
http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html

grant