[parisc-linux] Re: parisc scatterlist doesn't want page/offset

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:43:50 +0000

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 07:33:28AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
>    From: Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org>
>    Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:26:01 +0000
>
>    so when jens' code is merged back into 2.4 we won't have to make any
>    changes to the arch dependent code?
>
> Part of the criteria to whether we merge back Jens' code is
> if the ports, given reasonable notice (ie. take this as your notice)
> have added in the support for page+offset pairs to their pci_map_sg
> code.
>
> I suggest you do this now, it is totally painless.  I would almost
> classify it as a mindless edit.

grant suggested adding support for it had performance implications,
so he wasn't willing to let me make that edit.  i'm not sure i entirely
understand the new scheme either.  the danger of updating code without
updating its supporting documentation.