[parisc-linux] Problems of instaling (booting) on a 715/75

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:49:04 -0700

"Craig D. Lansing" wrote:
> BTW, if I can
> scrounge a DB9<-->DB9 can I use a Reflection connection on my laptop as a
> console?  I assume 9600/8/none/1 would be a good place to start?

Under linux, definitely. Try to find a real HP DB9-DB9 cable
as the only time I had seen problems was when someone used a cheapo
off-brand cable that didn't run all the lines.

9600-8N1 is correct default for all parisc machines that support
serial console.

If you have problems with this, check the mail archives first please.

grant