[parisc-linux] Booting with the STI console in a 715/75

Rafael Herrera raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:43:46 -0500

This is another bug report on my test machine.

I compiled 2.4.9-pa79 using "make oldconfig", set the machine to use the
STI console and booted the system.

I can see the kernel boot messages and get a login prompt, but the
keyboard does not work, since what I type does not appear.

This is a keyboard that whose cable connects directly to the computer
and has a connector for the mouse.

P.S. I see similar bahavior with 2.4.14, but from previous responses,
the code merge is not complete yet and the console code is affected.

By the way what is the correct inittab entry, palo figures the parameter
"console=tty0", but there is no entry for tty0 in inittab.

--
      Rafael