[parisc-linux] More recent ISO's

Jurriaan on Alpha thunder7@xs4all.nl
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:05:49 +0100

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 09:05:04AM -0500, Herb Radford wrote:
> Booting my C200 probably requires a newer kernel. Are there any more recent
> ISO's than the one available for 0.9.2?

not to my knowledge. 0.9.3 was due out just now, but there is trouble
with the toolchains, people have been warned to not 'apt-get update'
etc., so it's been delayed.

> Are there any more detailed instructions than those for PALO?

I think that most of your questions will be answered if you look in the
archives for this list - the first install is something all of us have
gone through. If it's not there, and not in the docs, feel free to ask!

> I have a burner, but I have not yet set up a compile environment so I'm not
> sure I can get there easily.

I installed my C200 without a parisc-compile environment - you don't
need one. Just make sure your serial terminal is operational and you
have the right cable.

> Not that it has to be easy, I've been compiling x86 kernels to suite my
> ever-changing systems since kernel 0.9. I'm just having a bit of a problem
> with Debian's apt and stuff.

There have been some 'ultra-short' apt 'get started' instructions posted
to this list also. Again, browsing the archives is worth your while.

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
Firstly, when confronted with the twisted strangeness of variable numbers of
arguments, the problem returns... and he who has not kept his faith strong by