[parisc-linux] evms_vgscan crash hppa kernel

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:43:10 -0700

joel.soete@freebel.net wrote:
> I would like to debug this by obtaining a core dump of the kernel after the
> reboot but I do not know how? (I did not find back the mail explaining how
> to do it in detail)

Linux (from Linus' tree) does not support core dumps.
I'm only aware of coredump support patch from SGI.

The folks that manage HPUX core dump tools expresed interest
in porting the same tools to parisc-linux...assuming
we would dump core in the same format.

If a spec published for that, would anyone commit to implementing it?

FWIW, I think much of the work is portable to ia64-linux in case
that would help justify an HP project to pick up/fund this work.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253