[parisc-linux] Re: hppa binutils/glibc updates

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:51:28 +0200

Hello,

Seems with all the apt db madness, libstdc++ didn't get installed the
first time. I installed it again, and things worked (better). There is
something strange going on with my nfsroot. Don't know if it's some nfs
setting or something... I get "too many symlinks" and "I/O" errors.

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:16:13PM +0000, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > apt-get works fine for me, btw (715/75 and a500), running apt 0.5.4
>
> Hmm, having switch from chroot to real root on the a500, I'm
> now seeing this same SIGILL.

Hehe. Can't help you there...

Anyway, I'm going to attempt a 3.0.15 boot-floppies install now. I
presume this is probably not going to work yet? We'll soon find out...

Seems the lifimage I crafted with palo is a bit ill. I'm going try to
kick my nfsroot into shape, and try to debootstrap onto my SCSI disk.

Regards,

Albert