[parisc-linux] Re: FW SCSI (Was hppa binutils/glibc updates)

Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:54:28 +1000

I'm not entirely sure of the current status of the 735 FW SCSI stuff, but
Richard sent me a kernel with some experimental drivers in it to test (he
doesn't have a 735 himself) - it stack faulted on boot, so there's still
problems there.

As far as I understand the situation, the actual chip (ncr '720 I believe)
is well documented, but there's a proprietary HP chip in between the ncr
chip and the machine. It's this chip that's hard to interface to; Richard
has seen some HPUX source and has necessary clearance to use that knowledge,
so it's basically dependent on him.

I, too, would like to see thw FW scsi support going, mostly because I have
two of these machines and would like to use the internal disks (4GB would do
a lot for my network disk space...)

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069 - AUSTRALIA
ph:  +61-7-3327 4685     fax:  +61-7-3327 4455