[parisc-linux] Re: List of packages for hppa ISO release vers ion 2

CARSON,KEVIN (HP-Canada,ex1) kevin_carson@hp.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 12:00:36 -0400

Howabout having the master archive in another country (like France) and all
sites in the US being mirrors of the site?  Import of cryptology into the US
is legal.  Debian has this structure as there are mirrors of non-US in the
US and Canada.

I believe this puts the burden of maintaining the ssh stuff on the master
site.  Is that untenable?

Kevin

All opinions are mine and are no way even vaguely related to my employer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Grundler [mailto:grundler@puffin.external.hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 8:19 AM
To: Alan Cox
Cc: parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.org
Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] Re: List of packages for hppa ISO release
version 2

Alan Cox wrote:
> US export rules were significantly relaxed over the past year.

I can only speculate how much of that is pressure from US SW industry
vs RSA patent expiring changing the influence of lobbyists.

>  The bad days
> are mostly gone providing you dont ship from the USA directly to Cuba,
Iraq
> and other countries the US doesnt like (eg Afghanistan, except when the US
> govt is sending them huge amounts of money)

Well, internet still doesn't know where Cuba begins or ends exactly...
and the USA gov knows where to find me. :^(

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253