[parisc-linux] dead keyboard after booting 0.61 STI32 iso on a 715/100

diab diab@diab.rulez.org
Fri, 25 May 2001 01:32:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I need help booting my brand new (well.. just got it) 715/100..
It boots the 061 STI32 cdrom using an scsi cdrom (plextor
32x, id=3) flawlessly, finds all the hard disks etc, framebuffer is
working (its even nicer that it works on my MAG XJ500T
15" PC monitor after i changed the resolution to 1024 75hz), but somehow
the keyboard seems to be frozen after it displays the login
prompt. Even the numlock led wont change if i start pessing it.
Do i need a nullmodem cable and a pc to use it? Does not make sense to
have the nice framebuffer and stuff without a working keyboard :(
The other question is that if i want to use serial console, will the STI32
image work if i change the console param. to something like ttyS0 before
it boots? Or i need the serial console version.
I might try some different brand PC keyboards, in case it matters.

Im quite new to these HP boxes (yesterday is the first day i ever saw it,
but no hp-ux, thanks), so it might be something trivial w/ the box I
forgot.

In case somebody is interested in how this baby looks like w/ the
case open, you can check it at http://diab.rulez.org/hp.jpg (550k
3200x1600).
Its so nice (compared to a pcs i got used to) i had to make a photo
of it :)

regards,

--
diab