[parisc-linux] new hppa toolchain, uploaded to debian archive

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:54:39 -0600

Hi,

There was a slight problem with the glibc in the newcompilers-20010521 set I
announced yesterday. It was built with a wrong header which caused a problem
with building gdb and strace. I rebuilt glibc and have placed it and the same
binutils and gcc at,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/debian/newcompilers-20010523/

After several of us tested the new toolchain and did not find any regressions,
Paul Bame uploaded the debs to the Debian archive today and they should
hopefully be available in the next few days. However, since the binutils mess
is still not completely cleaned up YOU STILL SHOULD NOT APT-GET UPGRADE. For
now grab them from the above URL and install by hand. If you are sure your
system is clean of the binutils mess then you can use this toolchain to
produce binaries for distribution/upload to debian.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation