[parisc-linux] New hppa toolchain debs for testing

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 18:10:50 -0600

Hi pa/linux addicts,

I have built new native toolchain debs. They are,

binutils - based on 2.11.90.0.8 upstream with Alan Modra's patch,
    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-05/msg00284.html

gcc-3.0 - based on 3.0-0pre010427 debian package with a new hppa patch

glibc - based on 2.2.3-2 debian package with a new hppa patch

This is a big step forward from the glibc 2.2.1 and gcc 3.0-0pre010223
packages that we have been using. Because these are so new and we need things
to be stable for the release at the end of the month, these packages are
currently FOR TESTING ONLY. Please give them a try but do not
distribute/upload any packages built with them. If we determine that they are
equal to or better than the older toolchain then we may upload them to the
Debian archive and then people can distribute/upload.

The packages are available at,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/debian/newcompilers-20010521/

Report any problems to the list.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation