[parisc-linux] Booting from SCSI disk.

Xavier Debacker debackex@esiee.fr
Thu, 17 May 2001 17:45:26 +0000

> Hi,
>
> I have a newly acquired 712/80 which I have booting happily via NFS.
> would like to set it up to boot from the SCSI hard drive.  However,
reading
> the instructions on the website states that you need to use an i386
machine
> to fdisk and run palo on the hdd.  Unfortunately I don't own a SCSI
card for
> my i386 boxes.

Hi Stephen,

Maybe you can use the cdrom iso (think about the easy sys-install and
net-install scripts)
If you don't have any external scsi cdrom drive, you can still use the
contents as a nfsroot with a few changes (keeping your current /etc
directory should be enough)

http://mkhppa1.esiee.fr/en/download.html for latest iso

good luck
Xavier.