[parisc-linux] Booting from SCSI disk.

Dr. David Gilbert gilbertd@treblig.org
Thu, 17 May 2001 12:26:08 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Bright, Stephen wrote:

> Is it not possible to run fdisk and palo on the HP itself?  I have tried
> this, but when it boots I get a message along the lines of "Cannot grok the
> kernel executable" (sorry, this is quoted from memory, so may not be exactly
> correct).  Is there something preventing me doing this correctly?  Is an
> i386 with SCSI card still required to setup the boot disk correctly?

I managed to get this to work last weekend; I have a 712/30 and found that
a palo binary was included in the standard binary set and I'm pretty sure
that I used the image that I was previously using to net boot it with.

Dave
| Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Work:david.gilbert@powerxnetworks.com   |
| Home: dave@treblig.org            http://www.treblig.org         |