[parisc-linux] Problems with debian instalation

Charlie Navarro charlie_navarro@yahoo.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 09:53:02 -0300

Hello,

first, I want to send a big congratulation to the people that works porting
Linux to my HP 712/60. If I said: it a good job!!!!, they are a small words.
The english does not my mother lenguaje.

Ok, I have a question.

I installed my 712/60 from palinux-0.6-32STI.iso and all OK. I had some
poblems with the keyboard (some sequence of key in vi, in some case fell down
the system) btw my problem is the debian dependences.

I made a "apt-get dselect-upgrade" with out problems, with the original
sources.list that it came in the iso.
Now I have the dependences problems to install gcc. cpp depends of cpp-3.0
but it is not installable. xbase-clients depends of cpp.

Ok, I want to run X, but I can not. I want to compile X but I don't have the
gcc. I know the step to make a compiler,
http://mkhppa1.esiee.fr/en/compile.html is easy to follow.
Are another site to download the deb, and the correct dependences?

Thank in advance

Charlie