[parisc-linux] getting there!

Pete plaven@ozemail.com.au
Tue, 8 May 2001 07:36:18 +1000

Hi Matthieu,

> I currently try to make a lan boot, and I got the same error.
> When I set NFSROOT=x.x.x.x:/path/to/nfs/root
> it resolves the problem.

I'm just bumbling along with all this ATM.  So I'm basically relying
the the goodwill and good work done by those on the list.

Suffice to say that I have the HP box booting up linux now, just
required I change my network setup to look more like the one
expected (configured) in the lifimage.. much less of an issue for me
than working out how to configure hte lifimage.

Anyway to add to my tale of woe, I grabbed the serial lifimage from
pehc, and with that I configured the HP box to use the esrial port
for my console.. much to my dismay I have now found that the
cable I have doesn't fit all the way into the serial port on the hp
box.. so I can't see ANY thing.. so until I get a serial cable that fits
fully into the port.. I'm stuck... :-/

Thanks to grant, willy and a few others in irc the other night too...
I'm grateful for you guys answering dumb questions when there are
other more important things to sort out.  :)

Pete.