[parisc-linux] Re: pa FUNCTION_OK_FOR_SIBCALL

law@redhat.com law@redhat.com
Sun, 06 May 2001 09:20:55 -0700

  In message <Pine.LNX.4.30.0105051311480.7143-100000@mullet.itr.unisa.edu.au>y
ou write:
  > Hi Jeff,
  >    Can you remember why FUNCTION_OK_FOR_SIBCALL is !TARGET_64BIT?
  >
  > I'm asking because I think tail calls are always OK for pa32-linux,
  > because having a flat sub-space model we don't need to worry about rp',
  > and r19 will be preserved/loaded in the PIC case.  I'm wordering what I'm
  > missing though as you can argue the same for pa64.
I just never sat down to make them work for PA64.  Given that there are no
argument relocation stubs it's likely they'll be applicable more often for
PA64 and PA32-linux than they are for hpux.

jeff