[parisc-linux] glibc 2.2.3 make check status

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sat, 5 May 2001 03:34:57 +0100

I'm not sure people actually ran make check against glibc 2.2.1, so I don't
know how this compares.  Maybe 2.2.3 just has more tests than 2.2.1 did...

I'd love some help on this.  Really.  check the merge_GLIBC_CVS_20010424
branch out of CVS, configure it, make, then make check, and you'll start
hitting failures.  I've indicated the ones I've investigated.

 * all the tests in math/ fail.  pb knows what these problems are.

 * stdlib/strtold fails.  This is due to our long double being 64 bit and
   glibc thinks its 128 bit.  Bug #119

 * all the tests in dlfcn/ fail.  I haven't investigated these.

 * grp/testgrp fails.  This is a generic glibc 2.2.3 problem, the fix
   is available from upstream.

 * posix/testchmod fails.  This is due to a kernel bug in strncpy_from_user.
   Bug #118

 * posix/globtest fails.  Haven't investigated.

 * io/test-utime fails.  Looks like a stat problem.

 * misc/tst-efgcvt fails.  (Maybe another long double problem?)

 * gmon/tst-sprofil fails.  Looks like it needs to be ported to Linux/hppa.

 * linuxthreads/ and rt/ all hang.  I'll look at this.

 * elf/resolvfail and elf/constload1 fail.  Not investigated.  Probably other
   tests in elf/ also fail.