[parisc-linux] ELFOSABI_LINUX

Cary Coutant cary@cup.hp.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 10:28:58 -0700

>  1) We use relocations that are not mentioned in the Processor
>     Specific ABI supplement, eg. R_PARISC_PCREL12F.

What is the relocation number? I'll add it. (I hope it's not 13 or 73.
We've recently added PCREL17FI and PCREL22FI, respectively.)

>  2) PA-ELF32 uses relocations that the parisc psabi says are only
>     used by ELF64, eg. R_PARISC_IPLT.  No big deal, except of course
>     they're a different size.

Is it still 129? I'll add it.

If there are any other relocations you use that aren't in HP's ELF/PA
document, please let me know.

>  3) PA-ELF32 uses DT_INIT and DT_FINI, which the psabi specifically
>     says are not used (by HPUX).  Again no big deal.

I agree -- no big deal. The document that says they're not used is
specifically referring to HP-UX, and was not meant to apply to other
operating systems.

>  4) HPUX sets a precedent for PARISC, and uses a non-zero OSABI value

Well, we *do* use vendor-specific extensions. Plenty of them, in fact.

-cary