[parisc-linux] problem building glibc from cvs

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:40:44 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Alan Modra wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2001, David Wragg wrote:
>
> > But the glibc build failed with this
> > error from gcc:
> >
> > ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/sysdep.c:35: Internal compiler error in make_dec
> > l_rtl, at varasm.c:597
> > Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
>
> I've been making some changes to gcc in the last few days as part of
> preparing to merge upstream.  The changes ought to have been innocuous,
> but it's entirely possible I've made a blue somewhere.  I'll see if I can
> duplicate your problem.  More news in an hour or so.  Or possibly 8 hours
> if I give up for the time being and go to bed :-)

OK, the new failure is a result of me fixing a bug with #include and
#define ordering that accidentally disabled dwarf2 debug info for us.  The
underlying dwarf2 bug has already been fixed upstream, so I'm about to
merge in the following to fix it:

2001-03-23  Jim Wilson  <wilson@redhat.com>
	* varasm.c (make_decl_rtl): Add TREE_PUBLIC check to abort test.
	(assemble_alias): Call make_decl_rtl.

and this one for good measure

2001-03-26  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>
	* varasm.c (make_decl_rtl): Don't append var_labelno discriminator
	to variable names where DECL_NAME is different from
	DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME.

Thanks for the report.  (easy-to-fix bug reports always welcome!)

Alan
--
Linuxcare