[parisc-linux] HELP HELP - my power supply of the 720 !!

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@dot.at
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 02:26:49 +0100

HELP !

I have a problem with my power supply on the HP 720 work station.
Ok thats off topic, but I need help !

Since a week I have trouble with my 720. When I switch it on,
the LEDs flashes up for a part of a second (ca. 100-200ms), and then
it's dead again. The power supply cannot hold up the power.

After switch off the machine (or unplugging from main supply), it can
start in normal manner. Another day, it has the trouble again.

I debugged the machine inside with multimeter, isolated circutis
(removed CPU and I/O cards, etc) and analysed some points.

The problem is definitely the power supply, not another part in the
Apollo 720.

As there a hardware docu of this power supply ? .. to have a chance to
repair it ?
Is there anybody who can help me with a cheap (very cheap) replacement
of a power supply ?

Please contact me in this subject !!

Cheers
	Christoph P.