[parisc-linux] Init not found on 735/125?

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:57:10 +0000

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 08:06:51PM -0700, Matt Taggart wrote:

> Robert Liesenfeld writes...
>
> > I'm much closer to being able to install palinux on my 735/125...at the momen
> > t, the main problem
> > I'm having is this:
> [snip]
>
> You could try using sash as init and see if you get further. I think this is
> the same problem as Richard mentioned in,
>
> http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2001-March/012025.html
>
> It's solved by a new glibc that's 16 byte aligned. See the message I just sent
> out about where to get the new glibc debs from.

No, different problem I think.  My system found init, but init then hung.
Robert is seeing:

> Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

Maybe his 735/125 is mounting the wrong dir, maybe his sbin/init doesn't
have execute access.  I'd check I could nfs mount that dir from some
other machine, and see sbin/init ok.  Using init=/bin/sash is a good
idea anyway, except I don't think sash is on the .iso, so you need
to build it or ask nicely ;)

Richard