[parisc-linux] physical address width

Bjorn Helgaas bjorn_helgaas@hp.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:28:51 -0700

If/when superdome is configured to be NUMA (i.e., have some memory that is
not interleaved across all cells), the non-interleaved memory will show up
in the physical address space above 512Gb.  This is a problem for HP-UX,
because there are a couple places where physical addresses are stored in
bitfields too small to contain these addresses.

Does 64-bit parisc-linux have any similar issues?  What is the supported
physical address size?  I don't know how far above 512Gb memory can go;
it's sparse, so it could be quite a ways.  I know superdome supports up to
44-bit addressing, so I guess that's probably the worst case right now.

Bjorn