[parisc-linux] perl-5.6.0 build problems

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:22:42 -0500 (EST)

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Alan Modra wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Paul J.Y. Lahaie wrote:
> >
> > > If I use the debian build (with the patch), perl.static and perl.debug
> > > complete building, but a dynamic version crashes immediately on startup
> > > from loading libperl.so.5.6.0 with the following fault:
> >
> > Is this with the latest fix to gcc?

Alan is correct that the LO_SUM patch is very important for pic code.

This patch probably isn't in the tree
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg00524.html>.  I found it
in pic code using long longs.  Richard Kenner recently fixed aliasing
problems affecting both pic and non pic code
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg00725.html>.  It fixed
problems with insns being incorrectly deleted.  I know there is at least
one testsuite problem left for pic code that isn't there for non pic code.
This appears at -O3, so you might try reducing your opt level.

Dave