[parisc-linux] Another 735 hums to life

Chris Moore cmoore@cancun.rose.hp.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:34:59 -0800

After a lot of struggling I finally got my 735/99 up and running.
After even more struggling I got it to boot standalone off its
own internal SCSI disk and make it all the way to runlevel 2.

I am still having a few problems though.  I tried using dpkg
to install something and the process just seemed to hang.  I
saw the same thing when trying to compile something - don't
remember what.

So I guess my question is, is this to be expected?  Should I be
happy that I even got it to boot?  Or should I expect it to be
a fully functioning system?

While I'm at it, let me introduce myself to the list too.  I
currently work at HP doing support for the hpux kernel
(in WTEC, if that means anything to you).  Before this I was the
owner of the device drivers for SCSI tapes for hpux.  I'm
still new to Linux and just getting used to it, but hoping that
I'll be able to contribute to the development in the future.

Regards,

Chris Moore