[parisc-linux] Kernel images for rbootd

Chris Snow chris@baldric.uwo.ca
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:52:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, y.   han wrote:

> Well, we came across another question after several steps.
> 1. what is the kernel image? we downloaded the nfsroot-20001009.tar.gz, is
> this the kernel image?

No that is the image for the NFS root filesystem.

There are some kernel images in:
/pub/parisc/binaries/kernels on puffin.external.hp.com but they are pretty
old ("vmlinux-*" files) so you might want to get the source code and
compile your own.  There are instructions for this on the website.

> 2. shall we copy this file into /export/hp/rbootd directory and gunzip and
> tar it?

No you want to untar it into a directory that is accesible by NFS.
(Assuming you want to have an NFS root filesystem).

     Chris

Yoda: Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger
leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.