[parisc-linux] 712/60: No login, only crashes

Markus Ungermann m.ungermann@tuxhausen.de
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:47:53 +0200

Hi,

i get an HP 712/60 last week, it has an installed Debian and this works
good. But the HD is to little, only 520MB (with 128MB Swap).

Then i installed PA-Linux 0.9 on a 3.2GB-HD (Quantum Fireball 3200S ),
but after the first reboot:
- the system starts and
- the Init-Process works,
- it enter Runlevel 2
- then instead of a login i get an Crash
I get a Dump list (How can i print/copy this?) and the following line:

Kernel Fault Code 26 regs(differents everytime)

Ok, i use another HD 2.1GB (IBM DFRS ...) but, the same ....

I have Bootmon 1.2, i tries to update it (with a tape) but it didn't
work.

If fsck failed, and i must login as root, i have no Problems, it seens
to be an error with the login-script.

Can someone help me to login ?
Or how can i boot into single mode (there is no lilo ;-))) ?

Is the powersupply strong enough for a second intern HD (then i boot
from the 520MB und use the Quantum as /usr) ?

--
cu Markus Ungermann

       Look at my website: http://www.tuxhausen.de
                     !! Ask me for my PGP-Key !

	`Software is like sex; it's best when itīs freeī
		 ->> Linus B. Torvalds