[parisc-linux] Kernel crashing with STI-Console

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:00:52 +0200

Hi Rüdiger,

If I understand you right you have both, a built-in graphic chip (Artist?)
and the ad-on-card (Coral).
Without digging any further into your problem I would assume that your
crashes come from stifb, which does not support multiple graphic cards
currently. But that's only an assumption.
Does your machine still crashes if you disable stifb and go with sticon only ?

BTW: Could you please also upload the register-dump of the crash to your site
too - else I won't be able to inspect your crash any further...

Greetings,
Helge.