[parisc-linux] problem with the CD image

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:01:32 +0100

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 01:47:21PM -0400, asayrafi@uwo.ca wrote:
> I am having so much difficulty burning the CD and getting it to boot, it gives me ENTRY_INIT status = -4 and then a table of hex numbers and goes back to search, I am suspecting it is either the CD or the burner that I am using, I have tried so many diffrent CDs (i.e Memorex 800 mb, Sony 650 mb) and my burner is hp, but I get the same error. Is there anything I can do to solve this ?

Have you checked the md5sum of the downloaded image?

What machine are you trying to boot on?

Can you read the CD you have burnt ok on some other system?

Do you have any HP CDs that boot on the machine, to prove the CD drive
is ok?

Richard