[parisc-linux] PALO/kernel-build change proposal

Tom tom@Alaskatech.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:05:20 -0800 (AKDT)

> > I don't suppose someone has an updated how-to for actually *using* your
> > new kernel, do they? Replacing /boot/vmlinux-2.4.0 with the new one
> > results in an immediate hang on reboot...
>
> *shrug*
> Well, I've made two successful kernels, cp'd to /boot, edited
> /etc/palo.conf, just like normal to me.

Hmmm... I tried that - copied lifimage to /boot/vmlinux-240-pa15, edited
/etc/palo.conf to change the kernel listed, then ran palo to update it and
rebooted. Same error - can't understand the kernel executable format.

Am wondering if perhaps it's me goofing it up rather than the system.
(Actually am pretty certain it's me, since other people can compile
kernels fine...)

Time to try again!