[parisc-linux] Kernel faults on boot

Peter Weilbacher weilbach@uni-sw.gwdg.de
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:44:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:

> > In the meantime I noticed that about every 6th time it boots up
> > without crashing, but the keyboard setting from the installation
> > (German) was obviously not saved.
>
> Correct, keyboard config is broken in the release sti image.  If you
> manage to boot you could try
>
> mv /bin/loadkeys /bin/loadkeys.old
> mv /bin/dumpkeys /bin/dumpkeys.old
> mv /etc/console-tools /etc/console-tools.old
> apt-get install console-data console-common console-tools console-tools-libs
>

> If that works, let me know and I'll add it to the errata.

Not really. It asked me if I wanted to select the keyboard-map from
a list, which was never displayed. It also complained that a package
'kdb' was missing, and I could not find it on the CD, before the
machine was crashing again. For the moment I give up, as I do not
have much time. But if you need specific tests, I would be happy to
assist...

Greetings,
	Peter.