[parisc-linux] Re: Kernel faults on boot

Peter Weilbacher weilbach@uni-sw.gwdg.de
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:54:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:

> boot to a shell
> e2fsck /dev/sda<whatever your root device is>
> mount -o remount,rw /
> mv /usr/sbin/cron /usr/sbin/cron.ori
> sync
> mount -o remount,ro /
> hit the reset button and try a normal boot again

If I take cron out like that, then the next job (atd) is the one
which triggers the kernel fault. An error message about problems
with <sth>cron / <sth>atd is displayed, but I am never fast enough
to read and unterstand it entirely, before the stack dump causes it
to scroll off the screen.

Is it normal for PA-RISC Linux, that the typical Linux Key-Combo
<Shift>-<PgUp/Down> does not work on the console? Or is that even
normal for Debian?

Greetings,
	Peter.