[parisc-linux] Apollo 735/99 hangs after booting from CDROM

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:41:30 +0100

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 10:41:08AM -0500, Michael S . Zick wrote:
> Richard
>
> Congrat's (early) -
>
> You may have spotted the problem -
>
> There isn't any "CONFIG_FB_STI" in the config file shipped
> with V0.9 iso image.

Yes I know, I created those config files ;)

CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE and CONFIG_FB_STI do not both have to be selected.
CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE was developed first, and gives you just a standard
text-style interface, CONFIG_FB_STI gives frame buffer support.

CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE works on more machines that CONFIG_FB_STI at the
moment, so we shipped the 0.9 release with CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE.  As an
example, CONFIG_FB_STI doesn't work on my B180, but CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE
does.  I believe both work on 712.

Richard