[parisc-linux] Installation of palinux-0.9-32serial.iso

KIMHI,YEHOSHUA (HP-Israel,ex1) yehoshua_kimhi@hp.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:14:43 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: parisc-linux-announce-admin@lists.parisc-linux.org
[mailto:parisc-linux-announce-admin@lists.parisc-linux.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 6:20 PM
To: yehoshua_kimhi@hp.com
Subject: parisc-linux-announce request rejected

Your request to the parisc-linux-announce mailing list:

Hi there,

I am trying to install the palinux-0.9-32serial.iso 715/G machine with
serial console.
The machine boot from the CD but at the stage of the packages installation
it fail
It claim that the packages are corrupted.
I tried to use the shell and mount the file system /dev/sda3. Then I copied
the whole CDROM to this file system.
Then I tried to install the base from this mountable file system.
It fail on the first package claiming that it can't download 'adduser'
package.
I don't have any other linux machine around so I can't use the NFSROOT
option (I mean follows the NFS-root-howto and compilation of new kernel with
the IP of NFS server etc..)
I do have around hp-ux machines, Is there a way to compile kernels on hp-ux?
Is there a way to continue from this stage??
Maybe install in some way the NFS and then mount file system which contain a
tarball of nfsroot??
Any other suggestion workarounds etc.. will be most helpful.

Regards,

shuki
Yehoshua Kimhi
ERC
Hewlett-Packard Israel
Email: yehoshua_kimhi@hp.com Telnet: 7810-527
Tel.: +972-3-5380527 Fax: +972-3-5380515