[parisc-linux] Re: Version 0.9 of PA-RISC Linux Released

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:10:48 +0100

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 07:24:31AM -0500, Michael S.Zick wrote:
> Great idea - both sites should CLEARLY cross-link their information pages.

if you have constructive suggestions for the website, please feel free to
post them.  I didn't like the original layout, and I think the redesign
made it harder to find information.  but i don't know how to make it
better, nor do i have time.

> I am using the kernel snap-shot of 06/03/2001 - in the hopes
> that it is close to what was used to build the kernels in V0.9 -
> but that is only a guess on my part

this is why i introduced the EXTRAVERSION.  it's -pa10, and that's still
head of the CVS tree.

> 2) - don't drop a built kernel into an image of even a pre-release
> CD until it compiles error (and warning) free.
>
> Some of the problems I have found and fixed were clearly
> mentioned by the compiler.

let's see your patch then.