[parisc-linux] Forcing PA-Linux to swap / do_page_fault()

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:07:28 +0100

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 01:56:38PM -0400, Chuck Slivkoff wrote:
> I've noticed a problem that I believe is might be related to the kernel
> not being able to use swap space.  I've never seen swap utilization > 0
> and suspect that something might be seriously wrong. Here's an example
> of the kernel error:

Hmm... none of my systems are using swap either; I had noticed this before,
but never really thought much of it.  This has to be a moderately recent
breakage because I know jsm has tested swapping.

> Does anyone have a good example of test to force the system to use swap?

Sure.  malloc 256MB, then dirty each page.