[parisc-linux] pa-risc V0.9 on Model 720 (+ others)

Michael S.Zick mszick@pflash.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:36:37 -0500

To All -

Ref: Kernel snap-shot of 0603 (presumed similar to V0.9 kernel)

Found:
File: linux/include/asm-parisc/io.h
Do:
Comment out the #ifdef at (appox.) line 27 and matching #endif at (appox)=
 line 40

Situation (sitrep):
Box model 720 doesn't have PCI BA -
Box model 720 EISA BA was an option=20
(mine has one, I don't have a card, so I am not building that driver.)

Without either BA's defined - in/out Byte, Word, Long does not have
a prototype in mem.c (amoung other places) - the compiler guesses
(incorrectly) at what inb() and outb() mean.

Makes a difference.

More to follow as I work my way through:
serial.c
pc_keyb.c
lasi_82596.c
parport_gsc.c
scsi.c
sim700.c
inode.c
array.c
binfmt_som.c
binfmt_elf.c
and various other bits and bytes.

Hey - No one ever said this was a clean build, did they?

Mike