[parisc-linux] D310 boot messages

djweis@sjdjweis.com djweis@sjdjweis.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:14:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:

> So with the nfsroot you have the D310 booting, but with the 0.9 ISO
> it stops after serial driver initialisation.

No, if I boot off the cd, I get IPL errors. When I netboot the kernel off
the cd, it stopped at serial init. I don't think it actually stopped, I
think it no longer printed but still booted.

> What kernel are you using with the nfsroot?

linux-20010603.tar.gz from the ftp site, built by me with the xc from the
ftp site.

> What parameters is it booted with?

./palo/palo -f /dev/null \
-b iplboot \
-k /home/djweis/HP/linux/vmlinux \
 \
-c "0/vmlinux HOME=/ TERM=linux root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.10
console=ttyB" \
	-s lifimage

If I set the console back to ttyS0 it stops printing after the serial
init, but if I leave it at ttyB I can see where it gets to the point of
not having an initial console. The serial driver doesn't seem to be
working, I telnet in and run echo hello > /dev/ttyS0 and it doesn't show
up on the machine running minicom. I have two serial ports on the back,
plus the UPS monitoring port, but only one serial port is
probed/acknowledged.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent