[parisc-linux] D310 boot messages

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:46:55 +0100

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:16:49PM -0500, djweis@sjdjweis.com wrote:
> So now, what major and minor should /dev/ttyB have to
> function? /dev/console is 5 1 on my nfsroot.

My understanding of the pdc console is that it is output only,
used only until a real console device is available, and so wont
work as a linux console.  Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm
wrong.

> Good job getting it to work this well, especially since it's listed as
> untested! Also, the LCD on the front doesn't seem to do anything. What
> needs to happen for that to work?

I turned off LCD support in the release kernels because of reports
that it was causing problems on some systems.  See
<http://bugs.parisc-linux.org/db/10/104.html>.  You can turn it
back on if you build your own kernel.

Richard