[parisc-linux] Problems with 0.9 ISO Images from mkhppa1.esiee.fr

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:52:34 +0100

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 05:39:24PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> I had some difficulties after the installation (with certain operations in
> vi I could repeatably crash the kernel and I got kernel panics on bootup
> when booting from harddisk), but both problems could be solved by using a
> current cvs kernel instead.

I think the vi problem can be avoided by changing the termtype.
See <http://bugs.parisc-linux.org/db/12/122.html>.

The kernel panics on boot are a known proboem with the sti
console.

> The only problem I had with the installation itself was that the dialog
> boxes looked a bit weird when using sticon.

Excellent, thanks very much for the report.

Richard